MASTER OF DIVINITY PROGRAMS (MDiv.)
The Master of Divinity is the three-year professional degree for ordained ministry. It is designed with the intentional integration of biblical, theological, historical, and practices of ministry studies with supervised ministry experience. The program is designed to equip candidates for full-time vocational ministry as pastors, and provides the professional training for evangelists, chaplains, missionaries, church associates, and leaders in para-church organizations. The student will earn a minimum of 105unithours to complete the degree program.
The Master of Divinity degree program seeks to:
- Prepare men and women for vocational ministry;
- Provide candidates with a solid knowledge of Scripture and the tools to interpret biblical revelation responsibility as a foundation for a theological understanding and the practice of ministry;
- Provide biblical and theological training with the practical ministry skills of leadership, preaching, worship, teaching, care -giving, and administration, which ar e essential for effective ministry;
- Enable students to develop a theology of ministry that is relevant to the context of their calling;
- Allow students the opportunity to experience ministry training through supervised experiences; and
- Encourage students to grow spiritually and to develop their spiritual giftings.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of The Master of Divinity degree, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to interpret and properly apply the Bible using sound hermeneutical principles and exegetical methods;
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the historical tenets of the Church and of the Reform distinctives;
- Demonstrate a foundational knowledge of the heritage, traditions, and practices of the Church and particularly of the Reform tradition;
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the nature and mission of the Church, and be able to articulate a biblically - based philosophy of ministry;
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate biblical and theological knowledge with the practices of ministry;
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate God’s truth clearly, accurately, and convincingly to a single individual or a community;
- Demonstrate the knowledge and ability to do the basic tasks of ministry;
- Demonstrate Christ - like character and credibility for ministry.
Graduation Requirements (MDiv)
Master’s students who plan to graduate from Dale Kietzman School of Theology must fulfill the following graduation requirements for the undergraduate program:
Students planning to graduate must notify the registrar no later than the beginning of the spring semester of the year in which they plan to graduate.
All candidates for graduation must be approved by the faculty and the Board of Trustees. To receive this endorsement, students must have acted responsibly in manifesting Christian character and adhering to the standards of the school. In addition, students must clear their financial accounts of any remaining balances before graduation.